Dear Hidden Brain listeners,
At the end of every Hidden Brain episode, we always thank a person or group in a segment we call the Unsung Hero. Usually this is a shout-out to someone who is not on our staff, but has helped our show in important ways. Now, we want to hear from you. Who is an Unsung Hero in your life?
If you’d like to submit an Unsung Hero for use on the show, here’s how to do so:
Find a quiet room and open a recording app on your phone. (Here are tips on how to record yourself properly.)
Speaking in full sentences, please tell us about your Unsung Hero. No need to write down your story and read it from paper— speaking conversationally is best. A recording of 3-5 minutes is plenty. Your story should include (but does not need to be limited to):
- Your full name and where you’re from.
- The full name of your Unsung Hero. Why is this person an Unsung Hero in your life?
- Is there a particular moment or event that prompted you to make this person your Unsung Hero? Tell us as much about that event as you can remember — what the scene was like, and what emotions you felt during the event.
- Describe the person. What are some of their defining characteristics? What do they look like, talk like? Paint us a picture of them.
- Did you have a chance to thank them?
- If they were standing in front of you right now, what would you say?
- How does this person continue to impact you and your life?
Send your message to [email protected], with the subject line “Unsung Hero.” Thank you!